The 1st WOMEN AND LEADERSHIP TRANS-ATLANTIC DIALOGUE is a cultural boundary-crossing event that will bring together a selected group of Women and Leadership expert practitioners, policy makers, academics and analysts from the two sides of the Atlantic. All participants are extensively engaged in the study and/or practice of women’s leadership and gender diversity in decision making in different professional realms and positions.
Objectives of the Dialogue:
The general purpose of the event is to discuss the key world trends and their impact for women’s access, action and effectiveness as leaders. Specifically:
- Identify and discuss the most important (present and future) societal trends and opportunities that impact on women as leaders.
- Discuss the best practices, academic findings, etc brought by the PT’s own experience that can contribute to move forward and increase women’s access and effectiveness as leaders in the coming decades.
Expected Dialogue Outputs:
- A shortlist of the key societal trends and opportunities that impact on women as leaders in the coming two decades.
- A shortlist with best practices, academic findings, etc, brought by the PT’s own experiences, that help moving forward and increasing women’s access, etc, to leadership.
- A shortlist of inspiring game-changing texts or videos from the fields of expertise of the participants, that might contribute to create a common language/ground & cross-pollination.
- A creative dynamic: engaging, engaged, open to new ideas, cohesive, positive.
- A sense of whether this pilot event should be continued in the future and how.
- A list of engagements and/or positive actions by the participants.
14:00: Networking coffee.
14:30: Welcome & Introduction to the Dialogue.
15:00: Food for thought: Pre-Dialogue Survey results & key Trends for Women and Leadership.
15:30: Working Sessions
17:30 – 18:30: Conclusions & final drink.
Optional: The session, restricted to its 40 participants, will be followed up by an optional networking drink where participants can meet a broader group of interested participants from the different women’s networks in Brussels.
Where? At the Quaker House, a beautiful “maison de maître” built in 1899.
Square Ambiorix 50, 1000 Brussels. Phone: +32 2 230 49 35
This event is co-organised by Redscope’s Women in Leadership Project, the International Leadership Association’s Women in Leadership Affinity Group (WLAG), the Sofia Foundation and the European Commission’s network Lead@COMM.