Joint Research Centre/EU Career Day
All people have biases. A bias is a powerful belief or a preconceived opinion about something or someone. A bias can be towards or against an idea, an ideology, a behaviour, a culture, or even towards ourselves. This is just how our brain is wired: 99,9% of our decisions are unconscious and the space for bias is enormous. So, to avoid discriminatory behaviour, it is imperative that we are aware of our biases.
Claudia de Castro Caldeirinha will offer a dynamic session, full of “a-ha moments”, concrete tips and tools, focusing on the following:
- Are we all biased?
- How does bias impact our organisations and lives?
- What are the most typical types of bias?
- How can you be attentive and overcome your own blind-spots – as team players, managers, women in career, etc?
- What can we do when we observe other people’s bias?
- How to create inclusive work cultures & how can you be part of it?